ant-user mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject <propertyfile> use cases request
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:22:33 GMT
I'm knee-deep in refactoring <propertyfile> to actually work in as many
cases as I can envision. It has been in several states of disrepair in the
past and I'm trying to fix it so that <entry> defaults and operations all
work as expected.

There is some odd code in there that allows operations besides "+", "-", and
"=" and I'm wondering if anyone ever used these.  They are not documented
for the 'operation' attribute and I plan on removing them.

Are folks using date operations with <propertyfile>? If so, could you send
me some samples of how you are using it so that I can roll those into the
test cases?

I'm not quite sure how the date operations should be specified.  It looks as
though if 'value' is used in conjuction with 'type="date"' and 'operation'
then the value attribute is taken as a date (Calendar to be more precise)
and then added or subtracted from the actual value.  It seems odd to apply
those kinds of operations on two dates, but maybe I'm missing something.
You don't really add one date to another, you add days, or hours, or years.
Is there some other API that I should be looking into for date operations so
that 'value' is not pulled in as a Calendar object when an operation is
specified?

What does a date of "never" do?  Why would you ever use it?  Is it just a
placeholder for an unknown date?

Again, send me <propertyfile> use cases, especially if doing date
operations.  If you don't then risk me breaking it!  :)

Thanks,
    Erik