ant-user mailing list archives

From "Max Rydahl Andersen" <>
Subject Re: line continuation
Date Sun, 24 Feb 2002 15:36:51 GMT
I just make a manifest with one looong line and then let jar do al the work
of inserting the correct amount of new lines, spaces etc.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Pfeiffer" <>
To: "Ant-User" <>
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2002 4:21 PM
Subject: line continuation

Does anyone know how to properly do a line continuation in the
for the class-path entry.  I have aboiut 8 jars in subdirectories that I
need included in the classpath.  The spec says to place a space before the
first entry on the new line and it will be able to read it.  If I do this,
when I run the jar I get an "invalid manifest form" error.

Hoping somebody has seen this before,

Bill Pfeiffer
My manifest:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Main-Class: org.arbfile.soapcli.EspeedSoapMain
Class-Path: ./lib/espeedutil.jar ./lib/afsoapbo.jar
  ./lib/activation.jar ./lib/crimson.jar ./lib/jaxp.jar
  ./lib/mail.jar ./lib/soap.jar

What it looks like after it has been jarred:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Main-Class: org.arbfile.soapcli.EspeedSoapMain
Created-By: 1.3.1 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
Class-Path: ./lib/espeedutil.jar ./lib/afsoapbo.jar  ./lib/activation.
 jar ./lib/crimson.jar ./lib/jaxp.jar  ./lib/mail.jar ./lib/soap.jar

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message