ant-user mailing list archives

From "Max Rydahl Andersen" <...@eos.dk>
Subject Re: minifest.mf line continuation
Date Sun, 24 Feb 2002 15:36:51 GMT
I just make a manifest with one looong line and then let jar do al the work
of inserting the correct amount of new lines, spaces etc.

regards
 Max

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Pfeiffer" <wsplist1@tampabay.rr.com>
To: "Ant-User" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2002 4:21 PM
Subject: minifest.mf line continuation

Does anyone know how to properly do a line continuation in the manifest.mf
for the class-path entry.  I have aboiut 8 jars in subdirectories that I
need included in the classpath.  The spec says to place a space before the
first entry on the new line and it will be able to read it.  If I do this,
when I run the jar I get an "invalid manifest form" error.

Hoping somebody has seen this before,

Bill Pfeiffer
------------------------------
My manifest:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Main-Class: org.arbfile.soapcli.EspeedSoapMain
Class-Path: ./lib/espeedutil.jar ./lib/afsoapbo.jar
  ./lib/activation.jar ./lib/crimson.jar ./lib/jaxp.jar
  ./lib/mail.jar ./lib/soap.jar

What it looks like after it has been jarred:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Main-Class: org.arbfile.soapcli.EspeedSoapMain
Created-By: 1.3.1 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)