ant-user mailing list archives

From "Justin Lawler" <justindlaw...@eircom.net>
Subject Re: packages compiled in order?
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 00:50:51 GMT
Hi Andy,

thanks for that, but record seems to be fairly limited. Do you have a choice
of where you can save the log file? I havent been able to get it to save it
in anywhere other than the default directory.
Also, I was using it with the jedit plugin, and when using ant in the same
JVM as jedit, the logging only took place on the first build done after
starting jedit. You can get around this by running ant in a separate JVM but
still.

thanks,
Justin

----- Original Message -----
From: <Andrew.Beacock@nokia.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 2:17 PM
Subject: RE: packages compiled in order?

Justin,

> also i would like to add ant command line options, such as logging and
> debug options to the build file rather than have to type them all in
> each time im executing ant. i couldnt find anything in the manual.

If what you want is the build output saved to a text file, and maybe
you also want a more verbose build log as well, then you can use this:

        <!-- set up the output logs -->
        <record name="build.log" append="no"/>
        <record name="buildVerbose.log" append="no" loglevel="verbose"/>

Just put it in an init target or something similar that is used for
every build and you should find two log files in the same directory as
the build.xml.

More details can be found in the Ant manuals at:
http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/manual/CoreTasks/recorder.html

Hope this is what you are looking for...

Andy.

--
Andrew Beacock
Senior Software Engineer/Project Lead