ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bill Winspur" <bwins...@wynnon.com>
Subject <classpath >as a source for <copy> ?
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 15:15:49 GMT
I would like to specify a comma-separated list of filepaths in a property,
to parmeterize a copy command, so that it copies the files to a specified
directory. There does not seem to be a way to do this in the copy command
or in the fileset command, However, several tasks, e.g. javac and javadoc,
are able to refer to a comma separated list of files, using the classpath
inner element.

Since I dont usually need to copy more than 5 files, my current workaround
is to have five file-specifying properties, and five corresponding copy
tasks for them them to parameterize. It works, but its verbose and fragile.
I started with three properties, but that broke when I needed five, and
it will probably overflow again.

It would be convenient if
a) the copy task accepted a classpath inner element
   for specifying a list of files to be copied, or
b) the fileset command had a files="" attribute that accepted a comma-separated
   list of paths, or
c) The copy command had a files="" attribute.

Questions.
---------
1. Have I missed something, i.e. is it already possible to gather files from
   all over, using a single copy command ?

2. What is the process for getting changes into the standard version of ant,
   assuming I write the code ?

Thanks for your attention,

Bill W.