ant-user mailing list archives

From "Gordon Rose" <Gor...@ActiveCert.com>
Subject Setting Java_Home?
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 17:22:08 GMT
Hi,

I'm using IBM's WSAD and Ant. In my build of a "Hello World" app, I got the error message
that:
BuildException: C:\Workspace\HelloWorldProject\build.xml:11: Cannot use classic compiler,
as it is not available A common solution is to set the environment variable JAVA_HOME to your
jdk directory..

I've understood that you need to use IBM's compiler for any WSAD work. So, I'd like to temporarily
set the JAVA_HOME variable to IBM's JDK. That's easy enough using an environment variables
script or by modifying the variable for the entire system. However, to keep things clean,
I'd like to do this from within Ant. Does Ant convert the OS variable JAVA_HOME to an internal
Ant property that I could override by defining the property in a build.xml or properties file?
Again, my reason for this approach is a) leaving my system's Java_Home @ the standard Sun
JDK and b) avoiding scripts, etc. that make moving/modifying the configuration messy. Thanks
much,

Gordon