ant-user mailing list archives

From "Otto Perdeck" <otto.perd...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: Async tasks - how?
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 20:48:22 GMT
Hm. I think I found the answer myself: use the <parallel> task and RTFM!

-Otto

----- Original Message -----
From: Otto Perdeck <otto.perdeck@xs4all.nl>
To: Ant Users List <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 7:49 PM
Subject: Async tasks - how?

Hi all,.

I'm sure I saw this question only a few days ago, but I can't find it
anywhere anymore, neither on the web, nor in the e-mail archives.

How can you launch an asynchronous task from Ant? I'd like Ant to launch a
CORBA server, and while that is running, execute a series of test scripts
that use that server. We've a whole bunch of ugly Makefiles, .bat files etc.
that do this currently for different platforms, and Ant would be a neat
replacement.

Any solution (or underway in 1.5) except writing some external (batch)
script and executing that one?

Thanks a million again

Otto Perdeck