ant-user mailing list archives

From "Otto Perdeck" <otto.perd...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Async tasks - how?
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 18:49:33 GMT
Hi all,.

I'm sure I saw this question only a few days ago, but I can't find it anywhere anymore, neither
on the web, nor in the e-mail archives.

How can you launch an asynchronous task from Ant? I'd like Ant to launch a CORBA server, and
while that is running, execute a series of test scripts that use that server. We've a whole
bunch of ugly Makefiles, .bat files etc. that do this currently for different platforms, and
Ant would be a neat replacement.

Any solution (or underway in 1.5) except writing some external (batch) script and executing
that one?

Thanks a million again

Otto Perdeck