ant-user mailing list archives

Subject RE: Adding/extending a manifest using <ejbjar>
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2002 18:35:46 GMT

You're not the first person who's said they put each bean in its own jar. May I ask, out of
curiousity, why you package them that way? Are they completely independent of each other and
could therefore potentially be deployed in a completely independent fashion?

>>> 01/10/02 12:04PM >>>

Thanks for the repost (for the third time ;)

This looks like it works great, if you're generating one "super" EJB called

However, I want to maintain the granularity the EJBs and have each one
reside in its own .jar file.  Therefore, this type of logic will not work.

Here's what I've used  for the last year or so that works.  It parses the
ejb-jar.xml to get the jar name automatically and it's only one target:

  <target name="ejbs"
          description="generates ejbs">
    <echo message="--(DT)--> Generating ejbs"/>
    <copy todir="${}">
      <fileset dir="${opel.src}"
    <copy todir="${}">
      <fileset dir="${opel.src}">
        <patternset id="opel.rdbms.deployment.descriptors">
          <include name="**/*rdbms*"/>
    <ejbjar srcdir="${}"
      <weblogic destdir="${opel.release}"
      <dtd publicId="-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Enterprise JavaBeans
      <support dir="${}"
      <include name="**/ejb-jar.xml"/>
      <exclude name="**/*weblogic*.xml"/>

This will create individual .jar for any number of EJBs I have and this is
really what I want.  If I have 75 separate EJBs, this will create 75
separate .jar files.

So, what I really want to get working is the "manifest" attribute for
<ejbjar> to work as it does for <jar>.  Right now it generates an empty

It would be nice if <ejbjar> either worked with the "manifest" attribute or
it worked with the nested <manifest> like <jar> does.

<ejbjar ....>
    <attribute name="Class-Path" value="lib/foo.jar lib/bar.jar"/>