ant-user mailing list archives

From "DONNIE HALE" <DH...@longaberger.com>
Subject RE: Adding/extending a manifest using <ejbjar>
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2002 16:11:48 GMT
Here's a message I sent a week or so ago (this is actually the 3rd posting of it):

I use Ant to build a weblogic ejb.jar file; however, I do not use the ejbjar
optional task (or whatever it's called) from Ant. I found the docs for that
set of tasks unhelpful; and, if the docs are accurate, the tasks are overly
complicated.

Here's what I have:

1) An "app.compile" target which builds all my .java sources except the
remote, home, and bean-impl classes. These are jarred into an "app.jar"
file.

2) An "ejb.compile" target builds the remote, home, and bean-impl classes
for all my beans.

3) An "ejb.jar" target uses a <jar> task to put just the .class files from
step 2, along with the ejb-jar.xml, weblogic-ejb-jar.xml, etc. into an
"ejb.jar" file.

4) An "ejb.ejbc" target uses a <java> task to run ejbc against the .jar file
from step 3, explicitly placing the "app.jar" file from step 1 in the
classpath. I name the output of that "ejb-depl.jar" to indicate that it's a
deployable .jar file.

Voila! That's it, and it works perfectly for me every time. I separate out
"app.jar" stuff from "ejb.jar" stuff because it prevents the warning about
the EJB .class files already being in the classpath. BTW, this is with
WebLogic 6.1.

Donnie

>>> ebernard@digitalthink.com 01/10/02 01:07AM >>>
Could you post a snippet of your targets, if they're not proprietary?