ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant for J#?
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 07:35:43 GMT
On Sat, 5 Jan 2002, Steve Loughran <steve_l@iseran.com> wrote:

> An interesting issue crops up w.r.t Ant: if anyone does try running
> it on J# and it doesnt work, should we care? We take on fixes to run
> on that Kawa (?)  JVM, but I dont see that J# merits the same
> attention.

I think you mean Kaffee.  As far as Kaffee is concerned, no Ant
committer uses it AFAIK, but we accept the occasional small patch to
make Ant work smothely there as well - I expect we would do the same
for J#.  If we had to drop some fundamental functionality, that would
be something different, of course.

The case of a J# implementation of the <javac> facade task is
something different IMHO, it's just another implementation on its own
right and I don't see any reason why it should be ruled out when we
support so many other implementations as well.

Stefan