ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Excluding files
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2002 14:16:59 GMT
On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Tom Callaghan <TomCallaghan@roberthalf.co.uk>
wrote:

> Also does`nt: -
>
> <exclude name="classes/**" />
>
> mean, exclude all files in the directories after classes/   ?

exactly.  Let's take your original task:

>> > <war warfile="H:\config\mydomain\applications\myBean.war"
>> >      webxml="META-INF\web.xml">
>> > 	<webinf dir="WEB-INF"/>
>> > 	<classes dir="WEB-INF\classes\rhiuk\test"/>
>> > 		<exclude name="**/*.java"/>
>> > </war>

This doesn't work as you don't close the classes element, but that
probably is a cut'n'past error.

What you do, is to take everything from your WEB-INF directory and put
it into the .war under WEB-INF and also duplicate everything (except
the .java files) from WEB-INF\classes\rhiuk\test into WEB-INF/classes
inside the .war.  This is more or less what you describe now.

My suggestion

>> <war warfile="H:\config\mydomain\applications\myBean.war"
>>      webxml="META-INF\web.xml">
>> 	<webinf dir="WEB-INF">
>>                 <exclude name="classes/**" />
>>      </webinf>
>> 	<classes dir="WEB-INF\classes\rhiuk\test"/>
>> 		<exclude name="**/*.java"/>
>>      </classes>
>> </war>

would leave the stuff from classes out - as I assumed you didn't want
all other parts of the WEB-INF/classes directory at all.

As to why you still get .java files inside the .war.  Could it be a
case sensitivity issue?

Stefan