ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: filesets do not get inherited.
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 08:37:02 GMT
On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Rahul Khimasia <RKhimasia@bcbsm.com> wrote:
> I had assumed that like properties, filesets would get inheried by
> targets called using the ant task. But my assumption was wrong
> because that is not my observation.

Yes, you are right for all released versions of Ant.

Ant 1.5 will have (and the current CVS tree has) an additional
parameter and additional child elements for the <ant> task that will
allow you to pass references to the subbuild.

For released versions of Ant, you could place the definition of the
fileset(s) into a different file and include it in all build files
that need it, <http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/faq.html#xml-entity-include>.

Stefan