ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fork error on Linux - why is it looking for i686
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 11:48:32 GMT
On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Scott Ellsworth <scott@alodar.com> wrote:

> If I set fork=yes in my javac task, I get the error
>
> build/debug
>      [javac] javac was not found in
>      /mnt/java/jdk13/bin/i686/native_threads/javac

Hmm, the forked <javac> of 1.4.1 would simply invoke javac on the
command line, relying on your PATH (which certainly won't include
/mnt/java/jdk13/bin/i686/native_threads/), seems as if your
.java_wrapper script is a little confused.

I'm using 1.3.1_01 myself (RedHat 7.2) and looking into the script, I
cannot see how proc could ever be set to i686.  If uname -m returns
i686, it will set proc to i386.

Nightly builds will explicitly invoke javac in the correct directory,
but I'd be very surprised if that made any difference.

You can run javac from the command line, yes?

Stefan