ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: outputproperty in the exec task (bug or i'm stupid)
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:01:32 GMT
On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Igor Shkatov <gramdee@mail.ru> wrote:

> But what is the reason to have all these Exec, ExecTask etc.?

Exec used to implement <exec> in Ant 1.1.

For Ant 1.2 we refactored the whole execution framework to (1)
encapsulate all OS specific stuff into a single place and (2) make it
easier to reuse without inheritance.  The result was Execute which is
used by the new implementation ExecTask - we kept Exec as it used to
be used as a base class by people writing custom tasks in Ant 1.1 and
we wanted to make migration easier for them.

Stefan