ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Including other JAR files when building a redistributable JAR file
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:39:40 GMT
On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, chris brown <> wrote:

> I had thought of this, but this might cause problems with regards to
> sealed jars, signed jars, etc.

Don't copy the META-INF directories, at least not the manifest or any
signatures.  I don't think you'd get into trouble then.

> Furthermore, some jar resources (such as images and conf files) will
> not necessarily be stored in folders that follow the
> "reverse-domain-name" package convention that is generally used to
> organise code into packages.

If the classes in the original jar file could find them, they should
still be able to do so.

> I was looking for some sort of parallel to WAR files, in which it's
> clear that the /WEB-INF/lib path can contain other jars.

To parallel something like that, you could write a class loader of
your own and make your application use that one.  No other solution

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message