ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Does Ant's version 1.4.1 support Java's jdk1.1.8?
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:00:56 GMT
On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Zhendi Su <rachael.su@oracle.com> wrote:

> I basically switched the compilers by typing:
>
> setenv JAVA_HOME  /local/java/jdk1.1.8, or
> setenv JAVA_HOME  /local/java/jdk1.2.2

This should work (and you don't need to put classes.zip into the
classpath property explicitly), but you have to make sure you are
really running the correct version of java as well.  No matter what
you set JAVA_HOME to, if you run the java executable of JDK 1.2, it
will use the compiler of JDK 1.2, or at least try to.

Stefan