ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.4.1 JUnit adding jars to classpath behind my back
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:13:09 GMT
On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, KC Baltz <KBaltz@responsenetworks.com> wrote:

> I noticed one difference between 1.3 and 1.4.1.  In 1.3, I had to
> manually add ant.jar, junit.jar, and optional.jar to the <classpath>
> for the junit task.  In 1.4.1, it seems to happen automatically,
> which I imagine is supposed to be a feature.

It is, yes.  You don't need to hardcode the location of junit.jar in
your build file that way.

> But the problem is that when those jars come first in the classpath,
> my tests fail.  If I put them at the end (in 1.3, I have no control
> over this in 1.4.1), the tests succeed.  Suggestions?

Which jar is the problem?  Neither jar should contain an XML parser.

Anyway, could you please file an enhancement request to add some flag
that avoids this magic - if it is in bugzilla, we won't lose track of
it too fast.

Stefan