ant-user mailing list archives

From Gary Lawrence Murphy <ga...@canada.com>
Subject Re: Debug compile property is driving me nuts
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:46:30 GMT

    D> Hmm, don't remember there ever being a Jikes "magic property"
    D> for debug -- there's emacs, pedantic, and fulldepend, and there
    D> used to be warnings, which is now deprecated.

Could be I had this in a .ant.properties or something and just forgot
about it; wouldn't be the first time.  Several websites mention the
build.debug properties as if they had the same status as emacs and
that just fed my confusion.

    D> Set a default for it, either in a properties file that gets
    D> loaded in or in the build.xml -- then command-line defines (or
    D> user properties files, if you allow for those) will override
    D> the default.

Any plans for Ant to support the bash-like syntax ${PARAM:-defaultval}?

What happens on Groundhog Day?   http://www.teledyn.com/fun/GroundhogDay
"There are many things which do not concern the process" --- Joan of Arc