ant-user mailing list archives

From Gary Lawrence Murphy <ga...@canada.com>
Subject Debug compile property is driving me nuts
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 09:32:54 GMT

I'm using Ant 1.4.1 and I can't find the magic command or property
to turn on the jikes -g switch --- has something changed in the
properties?

I've tried:

1) build.debug=on       (also "yes" and "true")
2) build.compile.debug=on
3) -Dbuild.debug (and build.compile.debug)
4) build.compile.options=-g

Various net docs give different keys for this property, so I tried
all combinations, and  when I do ant -debug -verbose I do see

    Setting project property: build.compiler -> jikes
    Setting project property: build.debug -> on
    Setting project property: build.compiler.debug -> on
    Setting project property: build.compiler.options -> -g

but it always reports an unchanged command line for Jikes:

    [javac] Compilation args: jikes -d classes -classpath ...  -O

What am I missing?