ant-user mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <>
Subject Re: Ant for J#?
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2002 14:04:51 GMT
If you don't want to read such words, please use a Killfile.

"Jon Skeet" <> writes:

> C# and J# are different things. J# is an IDE(?)/compiler for Java
> (v1.1 only? Think so) to the bytecode format that .Net uses. It's
> meant to be a migration path for Java programmers to .Net. As
> mentioned before, there are various other restrictions it imposes
> beyond limiting you to just v1.1 - personally I can't see it being
> useful, but clearly Microsoft reckons it's worth doing...

You can run your existing Java applications not on an Java application
server but inside the .NET framework. It is actually a nice idea and
I'd bet that there will be Java2 -> .NET bytecode compilers pop up,

Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen       -- Geschaeftsfuehrer
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH

Am Schwabachgrund 22  Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0
D-91054 Buckenhof     Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message