ant-user mailing list archives

From "Stefán F. Stefánsson" <ste...@decode.is>
Subject Including dependant class files in JAR task
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2002 11:26:09 GMT
Hello.

Does anyone know if it's possible to construct a JAR in Ant and include
dependant class files from other jars that are in classpath in the
generated jar?  This probably needs to be connected in some way to the
javac task since the jar task wouldn't know anything about which class it
should check dependencies in.

For those who use JBuilder, I'm talking about functionality identical to
that of the Archive Builder where you can specify what kinds of resources
are needed from each jar in the classpath.  For example, we want to include
all dependencies from "x.jar" in our generated jar and all dependencies and
resources from "y.jar".  However, we don't want to include anything in the
generated jar from "z.jar".

If this is not possible with the standard distribution of Ant does anybody
know of a task that can do that (although I would suspect that task to be
in the distribution if it existed).

Kind regards,
     Stefan Freyr

Stefan Freyr Stefansson