ant-user mailing list archives

From v...@trilogy.com
Subject RE: 1.4.1 JUnit adding jars to classpath behind my back
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2002 15:20:59 GMT
>I thought Java loved XML.  Why are XML parsers the biggest pain
> in the ass in application development?

Java may love XML but it lacks a good component packaging and versioning
solution. That and the complex problems brought about by runtimes with
mutliple classloaders will be its eventual downfall.

Vlad.

P.S. As a random idea, ANT could try to leverage its custom classloader to
implement a versioning scheme of some kind, perhaps based on a scheme of
standard manifest attributes. There have been experimental efforts to that
effect already. Also, perhaps the container-like approach should be driven
even further, like in Tomcat (Tomcat's core has access to an XML parser,
but the same parser classes are not accessible to individual web apps).
But I  am sure the team is swamped with requests to implement looping or
something :) ...

Please respond to "Ant Users List" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>