ant-user mailing list archives

From sea...@ca.ibm.com
Subject how to capture javac output using ant1.3
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2002 18:27:33 GMT
I posted these questions in the WSAD newsgroup
(news://news.software.ibm.com/
ibm.software.websphere.studio.application-site-developer)
but have not received any answer/suggestion there, so here goes:

1) I want to capture the output from a javac within an Ant script run
within WSAD.  'Record' seems perfect for this, but this core 1.4 Ant
task is not in the 1.3 Ant shipped with WSAD.  So, how can I capture
the output of a javac without it?

Not that my java programs ever have compiler errors ;-)) but just in
case it would be nice to capture the errors since the normal Ant stdout
and stderr are not visible in the Ant console log within WSAD.  Is there
a nice way to capture all the stdout and stderr from an Ant build
(specifically including all the subprocess stdout/stderr) within WSAD?

PS: I played briefly with substituting Ant-1.4 into WSAD, and it has
'record', but it still seems to miss collecting javac output when run
within WSAD (works fine outside WSAD).

2) I have an Ant script to do javac compiles in WSAD.
I have set javac  failonerror="yes".
Outside WSAD, Ant stops if javac fails (as it should)
Inside WSAD, it carries on (but it should not).
Ideas ??

I realize that the questions/answers are likely WSAD specific, but was
hoping that there might be an ANT expert here who is using WSAD and
might have the answer.

Barry Searle,    searle@ca.ibm.com,  905-413-4020
"Studio+VAJ -> WSAD  Migration Team Leader"
Notes:  Barry Searle/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Internal Address D3/121/8200/MKM,    TL:969-4020