ant-user mailing list archives

From sea...@ca.ibm.com
Subject Re: how to capture javac output using ant1.3
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 18:23:05 GMT

"Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:

> Are you using Ant Console?  If not, how are you launching Ant from WSAD?
>
> From what I recall in my brief try of using Ant Console, the output is
> generated in the Ant Console window.  The errors may even show up under
> Tasks, although I'm not sure.  I'll have to give it another try soon.

>From what I can tell, the WSAD Ant Console is output only, and cannot be
used
to start an Ant build.  I start the Ant build by selecting an XXXXX.xml
file
in the WSAD navigator and right-clicking on it and selecting "Run Ant...",
in the resulting dialog I select (enable) "Display execution Log to Ant
Console".

This seems to show log messages in the Ant Console, but not output
(and specifically not the javac output).

It seems what once WSAD spins off the Ant process, that the process
stdout and stderr disappear.