ant-user mailing list archives

From "J. Matthew Pryor" <matthew_pr...@versata.com>
Subject RE: taskdef'ing junit
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2002 13:09:12 GMT
Does anyone think that this is the wrong behavior and that the classloader
shouldn't look in the parent classloader first ?

BTW reading the documentation, it seems that build.sysclasspath should
control this bevaior, but I can't seem to make it work.

Any 3rdparty task that uses javax.transform.* is pretty much hosed since
jaxp.jar contains these classes so you bump up to the parent classloader and
then you are in %ANT_HOME%\lib hell. The only way around it I could find was
to remove java.transform.* from jaxp.jar (pretty sick).

It would be nice if Ant could bootstrap from the system classpath then never
need it again, having a DOS bat script that recursively adds jars to the
classpath isn't the way I'd like to manage the classpath.

Basically I'd like to be able to just take a standard Ant release with just
ant.jar jaxp.jar & crimson.jar then use my own Ant managed classpaths for
*everything* else, optional tasks included (and be able to have xerces.jar
in my taskdef classpath if I need to or whatever)

Am I way off track ?

Cheers,
Matthew