ant-user mailing list archives

From "Francis Hwang" <fran...@latinred.net>
Subject newbie question: javac not checking build dependencies?
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2002 12:37:05 GMT
A quick question from someone who just started using Ant:

For some reason the javac task doesn't seem to check dependencies after it
builds. Let's say I modify a superclass to add a new abstract method, and I
leave the subclass alone. When I run javac in the command line, I get a
compile-time error when I compile, saying that the subclass needs to
implement the new method.

But when I run a javac task in Ant, it doesn't detect this. (Until it gets
to the junit task, at which point most everything fails.)

Obviously there's something really basic I'm doing wrong. Any pointers to
where I should look to figure out what to fix would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Francis