ant-user mailing list archives

From "Peterson, Brian" <Brian.Peter...@westgroup.com>
Subject question on remote execution of a task
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 14:37:14 GMT
I've been using ANT for a month now and am very glad I made the jump from
MAKE.  Unfortunately I am stuck with using Source Safe, yet need to do
builds on Unix.

I'd like to do a one step build, which includes getting the files from the
code repository from NT, and then issue the build command on Unix, and
capture its output.

I could use "rsh", but we don't use static ip's.  The Telent task seems like
a possibility, though I've heard some negative discussions about it hanging
on long running tasks, and I'd need to somehow "tee" the output, as it
appears the task will hoard the build output.

The surfing I've done for remote ANT has yielded documentation, but no
actual implementations.

Has anyone done something similiar, or have any suggestions?

thanks,
brian peterson