ant-user mailing list archives

From "Charles Horan" <ctho...@sympatico.ca>
Subject RE: Including other JAR files when building a redistributable JAR file
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 15:45:43 GMT
The maifest file can contain a Class-Path directive
This class path indicates where to search for other classes when running you
application.

You can then distribute the other jar files with you app in case the end
uses does not already have them.

i.e.:
Class-Path: lib/log4j.jar lib/comhoranutil.jar

-----Original Message-----
From: chris brown [mailto:dev@reflexe.fr]
Sent: January 23, 2002 7:59 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Including other JAR files when building a redistributable
JAR file

I had thought of this, but this might cause problems with regards to sealed
jars, signed jars, etc.  Furthermore, some jar resources (such as images and
conf files) will not necessarily be stored in folders that follow the
"reverse-domain-name" package convention that is generally used to organise
code into packages.

I was looking for some sort of parallel to WAR files, in which it's clear
that the /WEB-INF/lib path can contain other jars.  However, I can't just do
the same with other archives, because the JVM won't look there...

Any other ideas?

Thanks again,
Chris