ant-user mailing list archives

From "Charles Horan" <ctho...@sympatico.ca>
Subject RE: Problem building
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 16:27:07 GMT
The basedir must point to the root of the files that you want to compile.

What I would suggest in this case is to compile all of the files to a build
directory. Then use the include and exclude directives with the jar task to
create your jar files.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Hurcomb [mailto:david.hurcomb@viewgate.com]
Sent: January 23, 2002 11:08 AM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Problem building

I am a new ant user.  I'm sure the answer to this question is in the
archives but they are currently unavailable so here goes:

If I have a package structure for 2 different modules

com.sub1.sub2.module1
com.sub1.sub2.module2

files in module 1 have the line " import com.sub1.sub2.module2.*; "
files in module 2 have the line " import com.sub1.sub2.module1.*; "

I can build from the command line in directory com/sub1/sub2/module1 using

java -classpath ../../../.. *.java

However I want each module to build on its own using ant and to create its
own jar file.  I have specified the dase_dir in my project to be
and my compile line is:

        <javac srcdir="com/sub1/sub2/module1" destdir="classes" />

However the javac command fails on the first "import
com.sub1.sub2.module2.*"; with the error package does not exist

Why is this?.

Thanks in advance

David