ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Cohen" <Ste...@ignitesports.com>
Subject RE: Ant for J#?
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2002 13:52:43 GMT
I'm with you.  Approach 4.

To me Approach 1 is a non-starter.  There is no reason to compromise
either the efficiency or the reliability of the javac task to support
this abortion.  The maintainers of the original javac task should not
have to take on responsibility for maintaining it and the bugs that may
arise from the attempt to merge J# support with it.

On the other hand, though, ant is open source and if someone really
wants support for this, they can refer to the existing javac task and
write their own Optional Task copy of it that supports J#.  But they
should not expect the maintainers of the project to maintain this for
them, especially when the whole purpose of J#, as far as I can see, is
to wean developers away from java.