ant-user mailing list archives

From "Adam Murdoch" <adammurdoch...@yahoo.com>
Subject ant-contrib C/C++ task
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2002 09:31:42 GMT

Hi,

An alpha release of the C/C++ task from the ant-contrib project is now
available at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ant-contrib/

Some of the features of the task:

* Compiles and links executables, static libraries, and shared libraries
(DLLs).

* Provides cross-platform control over settings like include paths,
preprocessor macros, and enabling debug.

* Extensive dependency checking, including header files.

* Tracks the compiler or linker settings used to build each file, and forces
a rebuild when they change.

* Handles OS and compiler specific file naming conventions, for things like
executable file names.

Details can be found in the task documentation included in the download.

The task currently only works on a limited number of OS and compiler
platforms:

* Windows, using Microsoft Visual C++, or GCC from Cygwin or MinGW.

* UNIX, using GCC or libtool.

Please give the task a try.  We'd love to get feedback (good or bad).  Right
now we're trying to get the task interface sorted out, so comments on
ease-of-use and missing features would be particularly useful.  Help with
porting the task to other OSes and compilers would be greatly appreciated
too.

Thanks,

Adam