ant-user mailing list archives

From Magnús Þór Torfason <mag...@handtolvur.is>
Subject Calling XML parsers from within ant results in IncompatibleClassChangeError
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 19:26:02 GMT
Hi all,

I am calling some code that I have written from within my Ant build script
(JUnit test cases to be precise).

This works fine until I have to unit test my XML parsing code.  I have some
Jaxp compliant code that I want to test.  Calling this code results in a
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError.  The error occurs in the line:

NamedNodeMap nnm = domElement.getAttributes();

where domElement is an org.w3c.dom.Element.

At first I thought that this was because I had incompatible versions of this
class in my class path, but that seems impossible, since I have removed all
XML parsers except crimson.jar, both from the $ANT_HOME/lib directory, and
from my own lib directory.

Removing crimson.jar from my own lib directory fixes this, so I know it is
the culprit, but why is this occurring in the first place?

Regards,

Magnus