ant-user mailing list archives

From Donald Mitchell <Donald.Mitch...@peregrine.com>
Subject RE: Building a Fileset dynamically
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2002 17:50:20 GMT
For your first question, can you use a patternset to pick up all *.jar files
under a certain directory?  You can also add "exclude" tags if you want to
exclude certain jar files.

<jar jarfile="${root.jar}">
         <fileset dir="${subproject.dir}">
            <patternset>
               <include name="*.jar"/>
            </patternset>
         </fileset>
 </jar>

For your second question, if you want to have a Jar of Jars work, you need
to specify your own MANIFEST.MF file in the META-INF directory of the Jar
file.  Below is a copy of one.  Notice the Class-Path line specifies that
this jar file contains three other jar files that can be located in the
META-INF/lib directory of the jar.  You don't have to put them in
META-INF/lib.  You can put them else where.

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Class-Path: META-INF/lib/my.jar META-INF/lib/xerces-1_4_3.jar
META-INF/lib/xalan.jar

Don