ant-user mailing list archives

From Siamack Farshi <sfar...@724.com>
Subject RE: A quick question
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 22:31:33 GMT
The explanation on javac seems clear. However when I set the
the following:

<property name="build.compiler" value="/usr/java1.2/bin/javac">

then I get the following error when the task containing the javac is
executed:

/vob/AFJava/src/build.xml:272: /usr/java1.2/bin/javac can't be found.

The path is correct, as I checked it out:

sia>ls /usr/java1.2/bin/javac
/usr/java1.2/bin/javac

-----Original Message-----
From: Siamack Farshi [mailto:sfarshi@724.com]
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2002 5:11 PM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: A quick question

Hello Everyone:
 I would like to use javac 1.4 to compile my projects. My ant uses the javac
classic complier which is 1.1 or 1.2. Where should I set the property
build.compiler
to uses the compiler of my choice. If I use the following in my build.xml,
will it work:

<property name="build.compiler" value="/usr/local/java1.4/bin/javac"/>

Thanks in advnace,
regards,