ant-user mailing list archives

From "Callaghan, Tom" <TomCallag...@roberthalf.co.uk>
Subject Excluding files
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2002 12:12:57 GMT
Hi all,

I`m pretty new to ANT and have been writing a script to compile a JavaBean
and archive to a .war before deploying it to a web server.

At first when putting the files into a jar file I was doing the following: -

<jar jarfile="myBean.jar" compress="true" basedir=".">
	<exclude name="**/*.java>
</jar>

This would exclude all the .java files.  But now I`m doing this: -

<war warfile="H:\config\mydomain\applications\myBean.war"
webxml="META-INF\web.xml">
	<webinf dir="WEB-INF"/>
	<classes dir="WEB-INF\classes\rhiuk\test"/>
		<exclude name="**/*.java"/>
</war>

But when I examine the myBean.war file all the .java files are there.  I`ve
tried all sorts of combinations, but, with no luck.  Can anyone help?

Cheers,
Tom