ant-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Abbott" <Brian.Abb...@worldwidepackets.com>
Subject RE: init
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2002 21:57:14 GMT
Good idea. Let me know if I can help in any way.

-Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Herman, Dave [mailto:dherman@intrado.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 1:54 PM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: init

This isn't an answer to your question, but I was thinking about starting a
"Best Practices" page, perhaps for the developers to put up on the Ant web
site. I've had the same problems as you, trying to learn the Right way.

Would people be interested in such a web page? I'll be glad to head off the
effort. Perhaps it could just start as a conversation here on the mailing
list, and I could collect the results in the web page.

Since these things tend towards holy wars, I'd try to be pretty moderate and
collect the generally accepted practices, and then maybe have a separate
section for more controversial topics.

Dave Herman
dherman@intrado.com