ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter.FL...@syntegra.com
Subject RE: Invoking ant with custom ClassLoader
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:48:37 GMT
> Subject: Re: Invoking ant with custom ClassLoader

> Absolutely.  In fact, we already do something similar to that for
> command-line and
> batch-style builds.  But now I'm working on integrating ANT
> into an IDE
> (NetBeans,
> specifically), and so I want/need a 100% java solution.

Netbeans (Forte for Java) will work with Ant 1.4.  All you need to do is
place the ANT jars (optional as well) inside the ext directory.  I managed
to get my ANT 1.4 scripts to work using this method.  However, a proper
netbean for building 1.4 Ant scripts would be nice!

> Of course, NetBeans already has ANT integration, but it uses whichever
> version
> of ANT that comes with the IDE.  The goal is to allow the
> user to develop
> in all
> environments without having to load multiple instances of NetBeans or
> something
> equally klunky.  So I need to make the NetBeans ANT integration
> configurable per
> environment, hence the ClassLoader issue I'm trying to resolve now.

I was pretty sure it as ANT 1.3

Best regards,
Peter

This email may contain information which is privileged or confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender immediately and delete it without
reading, copying, storing, forwarding or disclosing its contents to any other person
Thank you

Check us out at http://www.syntegra.com