ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ma, Jian" <Jian...@kmv.com>
Subject "Illegal character or entity reference syntax" error
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2002 00:42:50 GMT
I'm trying to use <exec> task to run windows "net use" command.  It worked
fine when the password I used for net use is something like 'abcdef'.  Once
I have special charactors in it, such as '@', '|', '&', ant throws a
"Illegal character or entity reference syntax" error.  I also got the same
error when I try to assign a string with those special chars to a property
using the <property> task.  I tried to use '\' to escape these special chars
and that didn't help either.  Has anyone encounter the similiar problem?

Jian"Chuck" Ma
KMV LLC
1620 Montgomery St. Suite 140
San Francisco, CA 94111