ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ramasubbu, Hari" <>
Subject RE: Telnet Output
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 18:06:26 GMT

Ok .. i came across the same scenario  where i issue a make command and it
takes ages to get back to the shell while
the read task in your telnet waits for the output .

I tweaked the telnet so that it logs every 256 bytes of
information it streams from the Unix socket.
So it will look as if u r logging it live than waiting for the specific make
command to finish.
I can give the 2 files (jar and java file) if u want as i dont want to spam
the mailing list.

-----Original Message-----
From: []
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 10:26 AM
Subject: Telnet Output

I am using Ant in a slightly unconventional manner.  I am using a build
script to submit a build (using make) on a remote system using telnet.
Everything is running fine, except that I get no output from commands
submitted via telnet until the command is finished.  Since the builds take
a while, it would be good to have the output streamed back so that progress
can be monitored.  Have I missed a setting that would fix this?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>