ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Ellsworth <sc...@alodar.com>
Subject Perhaps simple xsl question
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 02:44:03 GMT
On the advice of many here, I am trying to generate a build.xml from a
stylesheet.  In this process, I want to do some replacements, but to end
up with a build file containing some ANT ${} variables.

(I am posting this here, rather than to a more general XSL list as this
_has_ to be something that many here have already handled correctly.
Also, I tried seaching the archives for virtually every combination of
"style", "escaping", "variable", and similar words.)

Assume I have just done a for-each on "project" with the source
<project-list>
	<project name="metagraph" cvs.packages="org" />
</project-list>

I am trying to produce

         <target name="cvs-checkout-{@name}" >
           <cvs cvsroot="${cvs.root}"
             package="org"
             dest="${basedir}"
             passfile="${cvs.passfile}"
             quiet="true"
           />
         </target>

using

         <target name="cvs-checkout-{@name}" >
           <cvs cvsroot="${cvs.root}"
             package="{@cvs.packages}"
             dest="${basedir}"
             passfile="${cvs.passfile}"
             quiet="true"
           />
         </target>

Of course, I am getting

   <target name="cvs-checkout-metagraph">
     <cvs
       quiet="true"
       passfile="$"
       dest="$"
       package="org"
       cvsroot="$"/>
   </target>

In other words, @cvs.packages is getting replaced just fine, but in the
process, all of my ANT variables are getting vaporized.

So, how should I have written this?

Scott