ant-user mailing list archives

From Les Hughes <leslie.hug...@rubus.com>
Subject RE: Perforce Optional Tasks
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2002 10:15:33 GMT
Hi Gang,

Sorry to have missed this one - I'm out in no mans land (OK near the Tower
of London) on a project so only get to sync up ant-user every few weeks :-(

Anyway my point. I've been unhappy with the error reporting on the P4 tasks
for a while (well, it all makes sense to me but hey...) One of the problems
revolves around having to parse inconsistent output from the p4.exe CLI but
even going native through JNI and the C++ libraries would help that much
(it's still a text based interface). So, not much we can do about that
except hassle perforce for a decent Java interface - hint hint.

So, if you have any comments on how we can improve the error reporting
please let us know (or better still submit a patch!) Of course, it doesn't
help saying the the task isn't defined when it's actually a runtime error
but that's another story....

Bye,

Les.