ant-user mailing list archives

From Les Hughes <leslie.hug...@rubus.com>
Subject RE: perforce
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2002 10:05:04 GMT

Hi Marcus,

There are a couple of ways of doing this. Using p4counter to maintain a
build counter on your p4 server is probably the simplest (see the p4counter
docs for an example). Since this requires certain perms on the server, not
all people can go this route.

Others have used a version.txt file and Ant's propertyfile stuff to check
this file out, increment a value stored in the file and then write it back
and check in. This approach is good for any SCM.

Another way is to use the <script> task to script up whatever you need for
setting your label name.

Once you have the property you should just be able to create a new label
with p4label.

If you're having probs, send a snippet of your build.xml and we'll have a
look.

Rgds,

Les