ant-user mailing list archives

From Dave Murvin <>
Subject Re: Can not get build.xml to work
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2002 02:12:14 GMT
At 09:19 AM 1/24/2002, you wrote:
>there is probably an error in one of the env variables which is breaking the
>java call; it has nothing to do with the build file.
>turning off the echo is a good step; look at the java call to see if you can
>spot the problem

It looks like the java call is having a problem with some version of the
ant_home - see the last part of the -classpath.  Is this the problem?  I am
not sure what is happening here.  My environment variable is ANT_HOME and
it seems to work correctly for the other Ant directories.  Where does the
-Dant.home come from?

C:\Program Files\UW Classes\Java Certificate 2001\Java
Fundamentals\Assignments\Assignment01>"C:\java\jdk13\bin\java" -classpath

-Dant.home="C:\Ant\jakarta-ant-1.4.1" compile
Usage: java [-options] class [args...]
            (to execute a class)
    or  java -jar [-options] jarfile

Dave Murvin