ant-user mailing list archives

From Bevan Arps <bevan.a...@actfs.co.nz>
Subject Re: Best Practices
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2002 03:11:29 GMT
At 13:56 10/01/2002 +1100, Evan McLean wrote:

>I have a build file which has several targets that all depend on another
>target.  A cut down example for this is:
>
>         <target name="build">
>           <antcall target="build-app1"/>
>           <antcall target="build-app2"/>
>           <antcall target="build-app2"/>
>         </target>

Each time you do an antcall, ant will do a separate set of dependency
handling - so in this case the repetitive calls to compile are exactly what
you have asked for.

To avoid them, use depends on the top level target instead:

<target name="build"
     depends="build-app1, build-app2, build-app3"/>

Of course, if you must use ant-call for other reasons, using a property is
a good fix.

>BTW, I don't know if you were planning on having a contributors page or
>anything like that, but please do not publish my email address.

Same here - I get enough SPAM as it is.

Cheers,
Bevan.

--
"Programming is an Art Form that Fights Back"

Bevan Arps (<mailto:bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz>bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz)
Senior OO Analyst, ACT Financial Systems

This communication  is confidential  to ACT  Financial  Systems  (Asia
Pacific)  and is intended for  use only by the  addressee.   The  views and
opinions  expressed in  this email  are the senders  own and do not
Pacific).