ant-user mailing list archives

From Guilhem Molines <gmoli...@OpTechSoftware.com>
Subject Ant keeps growing in memory when calling multiple scripts
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2002 21:28:52 GMT
Hi all,

I have a main build_all.xml file in which I call several (about 20-30)
other build.xml, using
<ant antfile="build/build.xml" dir="some dir" target="compile"/>

If I look the size of ant JVM in NT4 (SP6a) task manager, it keeps
growing, to value as high as 400 Mo ! Eventually, it'll blow out with an
out of memory exception. [my machine has 512 Mo]

Now, each build file is really independent of the other ones. My main
build is just a way to sequence them. If I split my main build in two
(call the first 10 build, then the remaining ones), then it goes
through.

I suppose ant builds some kind of internal structure that is not
released correctly. Note that my individual build call javac in a
separate JVM.

Of course, I increased ant's JVM size, but that's more a band-aid than a
solution. And the day I need to call not 30, but 50 or 100 other build,
then it'll break again.

Any clue ?

Thanks.

--