ant-user mailing list archives

From shivakumar govindarajapuram <shivakuma...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Using Ant with MS VC++/VB Commandline Compilation
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2002 03:34:31 GMT
Arthur Lim wrote:

> Hi,
> I have tried looking up the User Discussion Archive but could not find any
> information on this topic (other then being *primarily* for Java only). Has
> someone tried this and has some experience to share?
> Reason I needed this is that, tho the project is using predominantly Java
> codes, there is a couple of legacy components that are in VC++/VB for
> historic and skillset reasons.

Infact I was also looking for an Ant task to compile C/C++ and could not
find. One approach we though of using is to retain the makefiles for
native code and create a simple "Make" task which can call the platform
dependent makefile. Iam also planning to write a C/C++ task with
dependency checking. If you are interested I can send you the java code
for that.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message