ant-user mailing list archives

From Alan Pearson <Al...@paramark.com>
Subject very, very cool!
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 01:55:42 GMT
Many of the messages I read on this alias are from frustrated people who are
grappling with configuration issues, asking "how do I write this..." type
questions, etc.  And thats what a users alias is for, of course.  But I
thought I'd just send out a general "thanks and kudos" message to the
developers and contributors of ANT.  [My apologies if you consider this a
waste of the lists bandwidth]

At my organization, we have had an ant-based build system that builds on
Linux and Win32 for a while now.  We built on top of that a daily build
system that uses the CVS tasks to get the latest code and compile it.  We
wrote a hands-free installation script in ant that uses the Copy and SQL
tasks (plus some custom ant-tasks that wrap JNI code to do some OS-specific
installation junk).  Now, I've just finished integrating our unit tests into
ANT using the <junit>, <junitreport> and <mimemail> optional tasks, and
the
result has been amazing!

I am so impressed with ANT's flexibility, extensibilty, and versatility.
There is no way we could be so far along in terms of the XP "continuous
integration" philosophy without a tool like ANT.  The ANT developer
community has produced a very, very cool piece of software that has made a
huge contribution to the art of software development by making the
automation of the develop/build/test cylcle very easy!!

Thanks to all,
    Alan Pearson

    Software Design Engineer
    Paramark, Inc. -- http://www.paramark.com/ <http://www.paramark.com/>