ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Oh dear: was: Antwort: Odd Behaviour ...
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:04:53 GMT
--- Fred Brkich <goffredo@egwene.twibble.org> wrote:
> As for the "don't blame Ant" drift, well in my more tyrannical moments
> I would insist that the definition of a software product would INCLUDE
> the documentation that comes with it,

> > I had exactly the same symptoms. I was using my own execution
> > environment, rather than the MS-Dos ant.bat file. Unlike jdk 1.1,
> > most of the javac compiler in jdk 1.3 is found in the tools.jar file.
> > The problem was solved by "simply" adding the jar to my ant execution
> > classpath.

>From the "Running Ant" section of the user doc:
  Running Ant by Hand
    If you have installed Ant in the do-it-yourself way, Ant can be
    started with:

    java -Dant.home=c:\ant org.apache.tools.ant.Main [options] [target]

    These instructions actually do exactly the same as the ant command.
    The options and target are the same as when running Ant with the ant
    command. This example assumes you have set your classpath to include:

    ant.jar
    jars/classes for your XML parser
    the JDK's required jar/zip files

Any documentation is only as good as the willingness of people to actually
read it :)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)