ant-user mailing list archives

From Viraf Bankwalla <viraf_bankwa...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Environment Property
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2002 06:41:11 GMT
Stan,

The following is from my ANT file.

<target name="init">
  <property environment="env" />
  <property name="isdefined" value="${env.VARNAME}"/>

  <condition property="isdefined" value="default">
    <equals arg1="${server}" arg2="" />
  </condition>

  <echo message="${server}" />
</target>

When ANT 1.4.1 is run the following is displayed

${env.VARNAME}

I would have expected an empty string to be displayed.
 I am basically trying to set up properties in init
based on environment variables.

What I am trying to do is set up the build environment
based on OS environment variables.  I get the value of
the variable and invoke <antcall target="${isdefined}"
/>

This way I can have handlers that are specific to the
build.  The next problem that I ran into is that the
called task appears to be unable to pass back
properties to the properties.

What does the "." at the end of the environment
variable indicate ?  It was unclear to me from the
docs.

Thanks.

- viraf