ant-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Chappell, Simon P" <Simon.Chapp...@landsend.com>
Subject RE: Ant doesn't recognized tasks on Mac OS X
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2002 18:41:07 GMT
Well ... I was wrong. Ant is smarter than I thought! (And I already
thought it was good :-) It does find it's own jar file.

In my defense, I'm going to claim that it didn't used to do that in the
earlier versions.

Simon

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Simon P. Chappell                     simon.chappell@landsend.com
Java Programming Specialist                      www.landsend.com
Lands' End, Inc.                                   (608) 935-4526


>-----Original Message-----
>From: Chappell, Simon P 
>Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 12:34 PM
>To: Ant Users List
>Subject: RE: Ant doesn't recognized tasks on Mac OS X
>
>
>I have the ant.jar in CLASSPATH so that I do not have to modify the ant
>shell script that comes with ant. Ant does an excellent job of finding
>everything except it's own jar file! My classpath now has only two
>entries in it: "." and ant.jar. This works wonderfully for me.
>
>If there is a good (not just hacking the supplied ant shell script) way
>to help ant find it's own jar file, then I'd be pleased to hear it.
>
>Simon
>
>-----------------------------------------------------------------
>Simon P. Chappell                     simon.chappell@landsend.com
>Java Programming Specialist                      www.landsend.com
>Lands' End, Inc.                                   (608) 935-4526
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: Diane Holt [mailto:holtdl@yahoo.com]
>>Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 11:19 AM
>>To: Ant Users List
>>Subject: RE: Ant doesn't recognized tasks on Mac OS X
>>
>>
>>--- "Chappell, Simon P" <Simon.Chappell@landsend.com> wrote:
>>> I have been very successful running ant on OS X.
>>> 
>>> My setup is: OS X 10.1.2, Bash 2.0.5 & ant 1.4.1
>>> 
>>> The important thing I found with ant was to ensure that the 
>JAVA_HOME
>>> and ANT_HOME environment variables were correctly set and 
>>then to ensure
>>> that the ant.jar was in the CLASSPATH.
>>
>>Just curious... why would you need to have CLASSPATH set with 
>>ant.jar in
>>it?  The 'ant' script puts the jars in $ANT_HOME/lib into the 
>>classpath it
>>constructs -- does that not work for OS X?
>>
>>Diane 
>>
>>=====
>>(holtdl@yahoo.com)
>>
>>
>>
>>__________________________________________________
>>Do You Yahoo!?
>>Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
>>http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/
>>
>>--
>>To unsubscribe, e-mail:   
><mailto:ant-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
>For additional commands, e-mail:
><mailto:ant-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>
>
>
>--
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:   
<mailto:ant-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:ant-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:ant-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:ant-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message